IES Eligibility criteria 2020 is set by the Union Public Service Commission i.e UPSC. Raising engineering graduates or those in their last year can apply online for IES 2020. This year, IES Prelims and Principle assessment is booked for January 5, 2020, and June 28, 2020, individually.
A joint serious assessment is led by the Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) for enlistment to the Engineering Services Exam. The Examination establishes a composed assessment followed by a meeting for the character test. The enlistment of qualified applicants is made under the accompanying classifications for IES Eligibility:-
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
Competitors ought to guarantee that they satisfy the qualification rules and confirmation at all the phases of the assessment. Aspiring candidates are encouraged to check the total insights regarding IES Test Example before launching the application structure and readiness. The assessment will be directed by the accompanying plan:
- Stage-I: Building Administrations (Fundamental/Stage-I) Assessment (Target Type Papers) for the determination of contender for the Primary Test
- Stage-II: Designing Administrations (Principle/Stage-II) Assessment (Traditional Sort Papers)
- Stage-III: Character Test.
The Engineering Services (Preliminary/Stage-I) Examination will comprise of two target type (numerous decisions) questions papers and conveying a limit of 500 imprints (Paper 1 – 200 Marks and Paper II – 300 Marks). Just those applicants who are proclaimed by the Commission to have qualified in the Preliminary/Stage-I Examination in the year will be qualified for admission to the Main/StageII Examination of that year given they are generally qualified for admission to the Main/Stage-II Examination. The Marks acquired in the Preliminary/Stage-I Examination by the competitors who are announced equipped for admission to the Main/Stage-II Examination will be meant to decide their last request for legitimacy. The number of applicants to be admitted to the Main/Stage-II Examination will be around six to seven times the all-out estimated number of openings to be filled in the year through this assessment.
The IES Eligibility criteria 2020 is based on the following parameter:-
- Physical fitness requirements
- Minimum Educational criteria
- Age limits
To know more briefly regarding the IES Eligibility: Physical fitness requirements, Nationality, Minimum Educational criteria, Age limits, check the following points given below:-
1.Physical fitness requirements(IES Eligibility 2020):
The IES Eligibility physical requirement is divided into the following two categories to fulfil the eligibility criteria:-
- Medical Requirement:-
- Candidates at long last suggested by the Commission based on Designing Administrations Assessment, 2020 will be needed to go through a clinical assessment.
- Each applicant, on being at last prescribed by Commission will be needed to go through a clinical assessment as and when so chosen by the Service of Railroads (Rail line Board) independent of the way that he/she has shown up for such clinical assessment previously and found the fit/unsuitable based on prior assessment.
- The clinical assessment will be led at different Railroad Medical clinics under the Service of Rail lines (Rail route Board). Other extra directions for applicants are recorded in the official warning of UPSC. The discoveries of the Railroads Clinical Board will be taken as last and official for all allocation purposes
List of Zonal Railway Hospitals:-
Underneath we have referenced top-notch zonal railroad clinics where clinical wellness will be tried. Check the clinic names with the Hospital address to know the area of your clinical wellness round:-
- B.A.M. Hospital in Central Railway Zone at DR. BABA SAHAB AMBEDKAR RAILWAY HOSPITAL, BYCULLA, MUMBAI‐400027.
- B.R. Singh Hospital in Eastern Railway Zone at B.R. SINGH HOSPITAL, SEALDAH, KOLKATA
- Central Hospital in East Central Railways Zone at EC RAILWAY, KARBIGAHIYA, PATNA
- Central Hospital in East Coast Railways Zone at MANCHESWAR, BHUBANESWAR‐751017
- Central Hospital in Northern Railway Zone at BASANT LANE, CHELMSFORD ROAD, CONNAUGHT PLACE, DELHI
- Central Hospital in North Central Railway Zone at ALLAHABAD
- LNMR Hospital in North Eastern Railway Zone at LALIT NARAYAN MISHRA HOSPITAL, GORAKHPUR
- Central Hospital in North East Frontier Railway Zone at MALIGAON, GUWAHATI
- Central Hospital in North Western Railway Zone at GANPATI NAGAR, NEAR JAIPUR RAILWAY STATION, JAIPUR
- Central Hospital in Southern Railway Zone at CONSTABLE ROAD, AYANAVARAM, PERAMBUR, CHENNAI
- Central Hospital in South Central Railway Zone at LALAGUDA RAILWAY COLONY, SECUNDERABAD
- Central Hospital in South Eastern Railway Zone at GARDEN REACH ROAD, KOLKATA
- Central Hospital in South East Central Railway Zone at BILASPUR
- Central Hospital in South Western Railway Zone at GADAG ROAD, HUBLI
- Central Hospital in West Central Railway Zone at INDIRA MARKET, JABALPUR
- J.R.H. Hospital in Western Railway Zone at JAGJIVAN RAM HOSPITAL, MARATHA MANDIR MARG, MUMBAI CENTRAL, MUMBAI
- Physical Credibility:-
- Applicants must be genuinely fit by physical norms for admission to Engineering Services Examination, 2020 according to rules that are referenced in the authentic notice of the Rules for the Engineering Services Examination, 2020 which will be distributed in the Gazette of India Extraordinary according to IES Eligibility.
- Height and chest measurement:-
For services like BRES. Gr. A in BorderRoads Organisation requirements are:
For males, height must be at least 152cm, Chest Girth Fully, expansion 5m and Expanded must be at least 84 cm.
For females, height must be at least 150cm, Chest Girth Fully, expansion 5m and Expanded must be at least 79 cm.
Visibility also plays an important role in the IEC Eligibility criteria. Like Distant Vision and near vision.
2.Nationality(IES Eligibility 2020):-
An applicant must be either:-
- a resident of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan evacuee relocated to India before January 01, 1962, with the aim to settle for all time in India.
An individual of Indian cause who relocated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African nations of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the aim of for all time setting in India.
Note:- Except for the Indian residents, different nationals are needed to deliver a declaration of qualification given by the legislature of India at the hour of record confirmation or have valid documents to demonstrate their qualification as an Indian citizen.
3.Minimum Educational criteria(IES Eligibility 2020):-
The following educational criteria are required for IES eligibility 2020 for every aspiring candidates:-
- Obtained a qualification in Engineering from a college consolidated by a demonstration of the focal or state governing body in India or other instructive foundations built up by a demonstration of Parliament or pronounced to be regarded as colleges under area 3 of the college awards commission act, 1956 or
- Passed Section A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India) or
- Acquired a degree/certificate in Engineering from such unfamiliar University/College/Institution and under such conditions as might be perceived by the Government for the reason occasionally or Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India) or
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India) or
- Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India or
- Finished Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November 1959.
Given that a possibility to the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts) and Indian Radio Regulatory Service Group ‘A’ may have any of the above capabilities or the capability referenced beneath specifically:-
- For Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engg. Posts) – M.Sc. degree or it’s proportional with Wireless Communication Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a unique subject.
- For Indian Radio Regulatory Service – M.Sc. degree or its comparable with Wireless Communication Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a subject or Master’s Degree in Science with Physics and Radio Communication or Electronics or Telecommunication as an extraordinary subject.
- Given that a possibility to the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts and Engineer Group ‘An’ in Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organization) may have any of the above capabilities or the capability referenced underneath specifically: M.Sc. degree or it’s proportionate with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as an uncommon subject.
- For Indian Radio Regulatory Service – M.Sc. degree or its identical with Wireless Communication Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as an extraordinary subject or Master’s Degree in Science with Physics and Radio Communication or Electronics or Telecommunication as a unique subject.
4. IES Age Limits Eligibility (as on 01/01/2020):-
- A candidate for this assessment more likely than not achieved the age of 21 years and must not have accomplished the age of 30 years on the first January, 2020. i.e., he/she probably been brought into the world not sooner than second January, 1990 and not later than first January, 1999. The upper age cutoff of 30 years will be relaxable as long as 35 years on account of Government workers of the accompanying classifications, in the event that they are utilized in a Department/Office heavily influenced by any of the specialists referenced in section 1 underneath and apply for admission to the assessment for all or any of the Service(s)/Posts referenced in segment 2, for which they are generally qualified. An up-and-comer who has been constantly in an impermanent help consistently in the specific referenced beneath Department/Office for in any event 3 years on first January, 2020.
- Additional points for IES Eligibility under Caste and Reservation Quota etc:-
- Up to five years of relaxation time is given to ST/SC i.e 35 years.
- Up to three years of relaxation time is given to OBC classification i.e 33 years. Other Backward Classes who are qualified to benefit from reservation material to such up-and-comers. The end date fixed for the receipt of the application will be treated as the date for deciding the OBC status (counting that of the rich layer) of the applicants.
- Up to ten years of relaxation time is given to PH candidates i.e 40 years.
- Up to five years of relaxation time i.e General – 35 years, OBC – 38 years, SC / ST – 40 years on account of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have delivered at any rate five years Military Service as on first January 2020 and have been delivered (an) on consummation of the task (counting those whose task is expected to be finished inside one year from first January 2020) in any case than by the method of excusal or release because of unfortunate behavior or shortcoming, or (b) by virtue of physical inability owing to Military Service or (c) on invalid.
- Up to five years relaxation time i.e General – 35 years OBC – 38 years, SC/ST – 40 years, PH – 45 years is given to the candidates who had conventionally been domiciled in the province of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from January 1, 1980, to December 31, 1989
- Up to three years of relaxation time i.e General – 33 years OBC – 36 years, SC/ST – 38 years is given to Disabled servicemen discharged from duty.
- Up to 10 years of relaxation time i.e General – 40 years OBC – 43 years, SC/ST – 45 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.viz. Locomotor Disability including Cerebral Palsy, Leprosy cured, Dwarfism, Acid Attack victims & Muscular Dystrophy, and Hard of Hearing).
A brief about IES Eligibility is recorded beneath:-
- Occupants of India, Nepal, Bhutan, or a Tibetan evacuee can apply for IES 2020.
- The applicant must hold a four-year certification in the field of building from a perceived University.
- IES Age limit: 21-30 years as on January 01, 2020.
Note:- Aspiring candidates are mentioned to give evidence so as to appreciate the advantage old enough breaking point unwinding by presenting the substantial report during archive confirmation measure
You can also check the details about the IES Eligibility criteria, from the given link below:-
Number of Attempts Required in the UPSC IES exam is:-
There is no limitation in the numbers of attempting the IES exam. ONE CAN ATTEMPT FOR UNLIMITED NUMBER OF TIMES TILL YOU ARE WITHIN THE MAXIMUM AGE LIMIT.
Exam mode: Pen and paper-based (Offline)
Duration of the examination: 3 days
The UPSC has proclaimed the Indian Engineering Services (IES) Preliminary test result 2020. Up-and-comers who have shown up for the composed test hung on January 5 can visit the official site to check the outcome. Applicants can check their outcome through move number and name. It is encouraged to download the outcome pdf and save the printed version for future reference. The certified competitors need to show up for the ESE Main test which was booked on June 28, 2020.
The link for the official site is given below:-